The History of the Farmhouse
Brompton Farmhouse is a Grade II listed building. Built on the site of a doomsday Manor acquired by Shrewsbury Abbey in 1135 it was the centre of a township of 7 small farms and open fields enclosed by 1698. Rationalised by the Hill family in the mid 18th century, the house is early 19th century brick built on earlier footings. The house features include late Victorian grates and surrounds, dog leg and closed string stair with moulded newels, minton tiled floors, bacon salting chambers and cellars.
Attingham Park was built in 1782-5 and is a Regency Hall with a deer park landscaped by Repton. Brompton has been part of the Attingham Estate for hundreds of years - the estate originally belonged to Lord and Lady Berwick.