This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Brompton Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast
Our delightful National Trust Bed and Breakfast Farmhouse is set in extensive lawns and gardens just three miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury.
The house is a haven of peace, comfort and elegance. It has been beautifully decorated and refurbished throughout.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01743 761 629 or e-mail email@example.com
- We are situated just off the B4380 at Atcham.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the Location & Contact section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by public transport using www.transportdirect.info. Simply enter your post code and ours, which is SY5 6LE to get the directions.
- The nearest shops are approximately ½ mile.
- The nearest bus stop is ½ mile (No 456, 457 Arriva) .The buses run every hour to the town of Shrewsbury.
- The rail station is approximately 5 miles away.
- Taxis are usually available at the rail station but we can book one for you in advance if required.
Car Parking and Arrival
- We do have a big yard which can take up to 50 cars.
- Arrival time is between 4pm and 6pm but on request we can change the time.
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout.
- Seating is available with 1 upright chair.
- The area is well lit with overhead lighting and a table lamp.
- Assistance can be given with the luggage.
- Our guests rooms are accessed by means of stairs with sixteen (7ins) steps. There is a hand rail on one side.
- Our bedrooms are normally made up with duvets but sheets and blankets can be provide if preferred. Our pillows are feather and down.
- There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps, a wardrobe, plus a chest of drawers/dressing table provided in each room.
- Flat screen Freeview TV and coffee/tea facilities.
- Attingham – a lovely spacious room with a super-king bed or twin beds, with access from both sides. Situated at the front of the house overlooking our stunning gardens with an en-suite bathroom.
- Ironbridge – a beautiful large room with a super-king bed or twin beds, with access from both sides. It looks out over the gardens at the front of the house and has an en-suite bathroom.
- Wroxeter – a large room with super-king bed or twin beds is on the second floor and has a fabulous view over the gardens at the front of the house. It has a large bathroom with a separate bath and shower which is shared bathroom.
- Haughmond -a lovely spacious room with oak beams and a super-king bed or twin beds and two singles, the best choice for a family. It has a large bathroom with separate bath and shower which is shared bathroom.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms & Toilets (En-suite or Shared)
- All the bathrooms have luxury toiletries.
- Roll top bath (with non slip bath mat).
- Shaving plugs and lighting above mirrors
- Disposable bags, buds, and spare toilet rolls.
Public Areas – Halls, Stairs, Landings, Corridors
- All public areas, hall, stairs, and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling and table-lamps.
- The hallway is brownstone flooring.
- There are no steps to the lounge or guest breakfast room.
- There is a continuing flight of sixteen (7ins) stepped stairs to the guest bedrooms. The stairs are oak.
- The house is fully centrally heated throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individuals requirement.
- There are automatic audible smoke alarms in the main and upper halls but also in the rooms.
Public Areas – Lounge
- The lounge is situated off the hallway on the ground floor and is step free/level entry.
- The drawing room has sumptuous sofas and a wonderful log fire.
- Enjoy a cup of tea or a coffee reading a magazine or playing the piano.
- Is situated is situated off the hallway on the ground floor and is step free/level entry.
- A large refectory table with stunning oak floor boards.
- There is seating for 12 people.
- Central rug.
- Large window allowing plenty of natural light supplemented by wall lights.
- There is an oak cabinet and buffet table where guests can help themselves to cereals, fruits, yoghurts and juices.
- Large garden with tables and chairs where you can have a relaxing time.
- Vegetable garden – you can walk across to select your fresh herbs, soft fruits and much more.
- We have chickens in the paddocks and ducks on the pond.
- The guests can use the garden as a designated smoking area, as smoking is not permitted in the house.
- An ashtray can be provided on request.
- There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions posted on the back of the guest room doors.
- There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with addresses giving information in NHS facilities, local restaurants/pubs, travel,theatres and local attractions.
- We also have a selection of menus from local restaurants for guests.
- We have storage/drying facilities for golfers, cyclists and walkers equipment.
- Free broadband and Wi-Fi facilities are also available.
- We are happy to cater for specials diets or particular likes or dislikes. Please advise us before your arrival.
- We can refrigerate prescription medication and additionally store any perishable food in our fridge for a limited period.
- Mobile phone reception at Brompton Farmhouse is generally good.
|Address (Inc postcode):
||Brompton Farmhouse Bed and Breakfast Near Atcham Shrewsbury Shropshire SY5 6LE
||01743 761 629
|Hours Of Operation:
||Flexible within reason
|Local Accessible Taxi:
||Bybis 01743 350 350
|Local Public Transport:
||Arriva (Shrewsbury) local transport www.traveline.info